Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Brisbane

In Brisbane ahead of shows in Toowoomba (Spotted Cow) Fri 18/2 and Brisbane (Woodland Bar) Sat 19/2.

In the interim I've been working on a documentary, catching up with friends and setting up a video installation at the Judith Wright Centre as part of Optica12

Airports

They something I'm quite fond of, there 'transitional' qualities are outstanding. I mean you can whinge and moan about security but it's just a reality we have to get used to, I mean ultimately they're there to keep us safe.

My favourite airport in the whole of Australia actually happens to be in my home town of Devonport, Tasmania and my reasons a not biased, the reason it's my favourite is because it simply hasn't change since my earliest memory as a chile, potentially 25years.

The cafeteria is the same (the prices have changes with their shitty $4 instant coffee), the decor is the same, the seats, the toilets, the pictures and there's not even any security, it rules. But really the single thing that give me a buzz there is my nostalgic sense for all things 80s, the time when I was a kid and the summers were long and endless.






It's always going to be a good coffee when you get this number.



No comments:

Post a Comment